Kay’s Journal: Glitches and Graces

Hi, I’m Kay Adams. Here’s what I’m thinking about this we

There are sometimes unintended consequences of well-intentioned acts, and I’m responsible for one of those that has regrettably confused some good people at Journalverse. Here’s an explanation, and my apology.

On August 30, in preparation for manually discontinuing all members’ recurring billings on Aug 31-Sept 1, I moved all Journalverse members to the Scholarship level so that each current member would still have access to the archives after payment was terminated.

I wasn’t aware that this change in membership status would trigger an automatic email that invites clicking a link to “complete the membership.”

Some of you were understandably confused about what this cryptic communication meant. The short answer is that it doesn’t mean anything — it was a goof, a gaffe — and you can safely ignore it. It never occurred to me that a simple change in membership level would activate it automatically. I apologize for any confusion.

Now for the graces: There has been a tremendous amount of support for the shift to Journalversity. Next Thursday, Sept 20, the day of our final LIVE! with Kay, I’ll launch Journalversity in its shiny new campus to all of you, and you’ll have first access to some free classes (in exchange, I’ll ask you to provide me with a time log and evaluation). We’ve got a lot to do to get the curtains hung and the floors swept, but we’ll have Journalversity ready for you on the 20th. I’m excited! (Prior to this, you’ll be getting some transitional emails from Journalversity.)

We’ve been graced with the wonderful Kira Theine as our Journalversity administrator. She’s been editing the LIVE! audios for the last couple of years, and she knows Journalversity and its people. She’s also wonderful to work with. By the time we’re all “on campus” together, she’ll have a designated email address and will be your contact person for any support your might need. Melissa will continue her outstanding work as program manager for the Journal to the Self instructor training.  She’s also taking on a new area of business development.

Next Thursday, Sept 20, at 1PT/4ET, we will have our closing celebration that recaps five years of Journalverse through the stories of you, the members. I’ve asked a half-dozen to speak about specific stories I know they carry, and then we’ll open it up for your stories. Please join us for one last teleconference to celebrate what we’ve co-created. Watch the newsletters this week and next for details.

Lastly, let’s send good wishes and grace to our Journalverse/CJT family in the Carolinas and others in the path of the impending hurricane. I’ve heard from Susan Hendricks that her family is prepared, and I know we have other members in the area. Let’s send collective thoughts for the safety of their families, homes, neighbors and communities, and to all in the path of destruction. May all be well.

If you’ve got thoughts, I’d love to hear them!

7 Responses to Kay’s Journal: Glitches and Graces

1. Peggy Heller September 12, 2018 at 9:52 am #

Thank you, dear visionary Kay! Looking forward eagerly.
    Peggy H

2. Lizabeth Smith September 12, 2018 at 11:26 am #

Kay,

Thanks for everything Journalverse! I look forward to new experiences at

Journalversity.

Also, thanks for forwarding Susan’s news. I remember what an awful time they had

while we were in Scotland. Hopefully, their news will continue to be good. Our most

recent update has Central VA escaping the worst of the wind. Please pray for all of us!

3. Maureen September 12, 2018 at 12:42 pm #

Thank you for this clarification Kay!
    I “clicked” the continue membership button but I had no idea why or what I had just done…LOL
    It comforts me just a wee bit knowing perhaps I wasn’t the only one…
    I think I understand whats going on now…
    CHEERS to your Journalversity!

4. Susan Embry September 12, 2018 at 3:01 pm #

Looking forward to your next gift leap Kay!

5. Lynn D. Morrissey September 12, 2018 at 3:03 pm #

Hi Kay,
    Congratulations on the expansion to Journalversity and the many diverse ways in which you show us the great benefits of journaling. I’ve loved all you do (books, JTTS and CJF training, and blog). You’re wonderful!!

Based on some emails from you, I still was unsure of how long resources (e.g. Poem of the Month, etc) would be archived and available for viewing. Will what was at Journaverse also all be at Journalversity? Here were the questions in my email to you, and I hope they are as clear as mud!! 🙂 You’ve already answered my other question here about fees. I realize my membership fee to J-Vs is now cancelled.

Ok my email said:
    Are you saying that Jn-vs members will still have access to everything on the site through 12.31.18, or is this the case: “Your recurring billing will be cancelled as of August 31, unless you tell us to continue it so that you can have more time to review the archives and download what you want.” ?

Bottomline: How long are these great resources available? Tx for apprising!
    Lynn

6. irit freiman September 12, 2018 at 10:10 pm #

can’t wait for it to start. i am sure it will be enriching for the soul and mind. since 2 days ago we finished celebrating the jewish new year, you begining has a spirtiual auro to it.
    irit

7. Karen Newcomb September 16, 2018 at 5:07 pm #

I love change/ i am a little distressed by change..but I trust! I trust your vision!!!!I am open and willing and ready for the next place!Thanks, Kay.