You want the power
Welcome to the Journalverse!
Already a member? Log in at the window on the right! Save your settings for fast access.
The Journalverse is a learning community of journal writers and facilitators worldwide. It is a gathering place for those who:
- know the power of writing to heal, change and grow
- are passionate about the potential of writing for improved problem solving and life balance
- desire finding voice and being seen
- hunger for a professional community that feels like home
- want to learn directly from the thought leaders, authors and experts in the field
- want to soak up all the creative inspiration and take it straight to their own writing
- want to hone their skills and share what they know
If you love journal writing, for yourself or (and) for its power with clients, students, patients, or groups–you’ve just found a robust community that includes smart experts, friendly authors, awesome colleagues, new friends, circles, stories, and a sense of belonging that feeds the soul.
The Journalverse was founded in 2013 by Kathleen (Kay) Adams, LPC. For more than 30 years, Kay’s work as a pioneer, visionary, author, leader, and teacher has contributed to the body of theory and practice for the field of therapeutic writing. She began the Center for Journal Therapy, a global educational and outreach initiative, in 1988. She enjoys an outstanding world-wide reputation as a thought leader. Kay is well-loved in the therapeutic writing community as an extraordinary gatherer of like-minded people, a tireless visionary and advocate for the power of writing to heal, and a generous teacher, mentor, colleague, and friend.
Each Month You’ll Receive….
- LIVE! with Kay–interactive tele-conversations with thought leaders, authors, teachers, pioneers, established and emerging experts, fresh perspectives, new voices, and experiential word artists. Most months there are two live programs.
- Downloadable recordings of all live audio events, available for 3-4 months, then archived in “The Vault.”
- The Prompt Jar, a weekly batch of writing prompts–sometimes fun, sometimes deep, always thought-provoking
- Poem of the Month, complete with writing prompts to write your own poem or reflection
- Notes from the Journalverse, our community gathering space/blog, your portal to current content
- Practical, immediately useful handouts and resource materials prepared by many of our speakers
- Continuing education hours for audios (approved provider, NBCC; approved mentor/supervisor IFBPT) (small administrative charge applies)
- A weekly newsletter delivers notices of upcoming events and links to new content.
Five Good Reasons to Join Today
1. You’ll save time. You’ve got one-stop access to current, reliable, accessible information, and a giant pool of collective wisdom.
2. It’s budget-friendly. At the Journalverse, you’ve got access to experts and authors in residence, every month, plus the entire community of writers and practitioners, and all the regular features for one affordable rate.
3. It’s simple. Register once, and your membership begins immediately and remains active with convenient automatic billing for as long as you wish. We’ve got friendly support for tech issues or billing questions. You can participate at your own level, and on your own schedule. All teleconference events are recorded and archived, so you can download current content and listen at the gym, on a walk, on a lunch hour, or whenever it’s best for you. The Journalverse is yours at a click!
4. You can upgrade to special supplemental services. Book a 30-minute consult with Kay Adams or one of the Journalverse’s coaches-in-residence. Download archived content from The Vault. If you’re a therapist, you can receive up to six hours of continuing education each quarter. We keep all supplemental services super-affordable and ultra-easy!
5. You’ll love the way you feel. The Journalverse is filled with smart, talented, creative, fun, all-around-awesome people*. Join us. Be part of the circle. Come help write the story!
*Our members include therapists, coaches, teachers, community activists, solopreneurs, certified instructors, facilitators, spiritual directors, community college and university professors, health care professionals, writers, artists, poets, visionaries, and more!
Start-Up Special! YOUR FIRST MONTH 50% OFF!
Try the Journalverse for a full 30 days at half-price! In the COUPON CODE box, type PROF. Your discount is automatic when code is entered.
YOUR JOURNALVERSE BENEFITS
|LIVE! with Kay – Monthly audio interviews/workshops with authors, leaders, experts, clinicians, voices — usually two events/month|
|Poem of the Month with writing prompts – Monthly|
|The Prompt Jar – Daily writing prompts, delivered weekly|
|From Kay’s Journal: A rare opportunity to experience Kay’s most intimate and authentic writing style|
|Notes from the Journalverse – “Town Hall” for announcements, links to all things orbiting the Journalverse|
|PDFs of handouts and learning materials from some speakers|
|Book reviews and The Journal in Cinema movie reviews|
|Announcements about current events and news in therapeutic writing|
|Access to the experience, wisdom, and power of many of the leading thinkers, authors, and teachers in the field of therapeutic and expressive writing|
|Preferred membership pricing on all optional services, such as continuing education, private consultation, themed audio bundles and other materials from The Vault|
|Up to six CE hours per quarter for therapists (NBCC-approved provider)||Separate charge applies|
|30-minute consultation with Kay Adams or coach-in-residence of your choice||Separate charge applies|
|On the drawing board: Webinars, small classes, small regional retreats||In development|
|All of this is available for one LOW monthly charge–your key to community, cutting-edge learning, collective wisdom, and a soul-satisfying place in the circle. Welcome!|
|Member monthly rate locked in for your continual membership.||$19/month|
|Save even more! Sign up for 6 months at a time and receive an additional discount.||$17.50/month
LIMITED TIME! Type PROF in the Coupon Code box to receive 50% discount on first month’s membership.
IMPORTANT NOTE! Be sure to complete your registration by clicking the FINISH button. It will take you to the log-in creation page.