Kay’s Journal: Teaching My Life’s Work

Here’s what I’m writing about in my journal this week!

JV icon K JournalWe’re back again with another installment of Coffee with Kay, our video blog. This week I tell the story of my humble beginnings in this work, all the way back to November 1985! That feels like forever ago (I was 34 years old!) but also as if very little time has passed. I think the constant blessing to have been given wonderful work to do and wonderful people to do it with has kept me living in a continual “now” moment. Thanks for being part of the circle and part of the story!

6 Responses to Kay’s Journal: Teaching My Life’s Work

1. Alice M. Boone May 9, 2017 at 10:24 am #

Hello Kay,

Amazing story. Actually, I too can connect with you when you speak to “from the beginning to now” with who I am and what I share with the universe. I have always had a passion for communication, be it verbal, written or body. What I have come to realize is that alike you, I began my advocacy for communications exchange not just for myself, but over the 39 years of my federal tenure, I have advocated for so many others, and wrote letters for them, and assisted with mock trials, and the list goes on. I feel this is my calling, to be the verbal or written voice of others. Many thanks!

• Kay Adams May 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm #

“I feel this is my calling, to be the verbal or written voice of others.” What a powerful statement, Alice! Thank you for sharing with us your passion.

2. Mary Kenney May 9, 2017 at 3:02 pm #

Enjoyed “my coffee with you this morning, Kay”. I was one of the early recipients of your wonderful, wonderful workshop back in 1992 @ Omega Institute in NY. Will NEVER FORGET Cedar Cottage and all you had to offer. It changed my life. You are certainly meant to be where you are right now and imagine all the lives you’ve touched and are touching over these many years. A life’s work for sure! Thank you for the impact you have had on me. Thanks, too, for all you share.
    Mary xo xo

• Kay Adams May 25, 2017 at 12:56 pm #

Ah Mary, I remember individual moments of that wonderful week in Cedar Cottage with abundant birdsong and such wondrous women and men. So grateful that our friendship has endured across a quarter-century!

3. Carol Roberts May 18, 2017 at 11:02 am #

Now in Central California, I’m preparing to visit the local library to see what I can get started. What will I be doing? Teaching a class? Taking another one? Doing something online? It’s uncertain at this point, but I’m looking forward to the search. I’m glad you’re there to encourage me, Kay, however long distance that is.

• Kay Adams May 24, 2017 at 12:19 pm #

Eager to hear how your next phase unfolds, Carol. Keep us posted on your discoveries! Such an engaging adventure for you.