Be part of the story.
Welcome to the Journalverse.
(Already a member? Log in at the box on the right!)
Hi! I’m Kay Adams. In 1985 I started teaching journal writing classes. In my very first class, six of my friends sat on my living room floor and wrote their hearts out and read their scribbled stories out loud. It was one of those moments when I could actually feel the trajectory of my life shift. I knew with certainty that my work in the world was to make the healing power of journal writing accessible to all who desired self-directed change. Right then and there, I made a vow to follow this work wherever it would lead me.
Fast-forward to now. Welcome to the Journalverse!
What is the Journalverse?
The Journalverse is a learning community of journal writers and facilitators worldwide. It is a gathering place for those who know the power of writing to heal, change and grow—who are passionate about writing’s potential for better living—who want to learn directly from the thought leaders, authors and experts in the field— who want to soak up all the creative inspiration and take it straight to their own writing—or/and who want to hone their skills and share what they know.
Whether you are joining at the Personal level, for your own personal growth, creative expression, life management, or writing practice….
…or whether you are joining at the Professional level, because (in addition to all the awesomeness of your own writing) you also facilitate others* using writing as part of your ongoing work, as a therapist, coach, certified instructor, community leader, teacher, facilitator, spiritual director, mentor, supervisor, guide….
…you’ll find robust community, smart experts, friendly authors, awesome writers, circles, stories, and a sense of belonging that feeds the soul.
*or are in training as a journal instructor or facilitator
Each month you’ll receive….
- LIVE! with Kay–an interactive writing workshop with Kay and a guest author or teacher (always recorded and archived)
- The Prompt Jar–a weekly batch of writing prompts–sometimes fun, sometimes deep, always thought-provoking!
- Poem of the Month— complete with writing prompts to write your own poem or reflection
- Story Corner –Short storytelling blogs featuring you, our members
- Member Spotlights–Short profiles of our members so that we can get to know each other
- Notes from the Journalverse–our community gathering space/blog for announcements, happenings, Kay’s journal, book reviews, research news, and more.
- Practical, immediately useful handouts, checklists, tools, tips and techniques for your personal writing process
- PLUS special bonuses and unexpected delights!
If you join as a professional member, you will receive all of the above plus…
- Ask the Experts— a live Q/A radio show with Kay and experts in writing process (always recorded and archived)
- Consultation Clinic–Several times a year Kay and an expert dscuss topics of interest to those who use writing in professional practice — as therapists, facilitators, instructors, coaches, educators, health care professionals, or helping professionals in all areas. These conversations cover topics from how to gather data for a research study to how to use writing with a particular client population, such as cancer survivors or those with traumatic histories. Consultation Clinics also cover best-practice tips for writing group formation and management, and strategic solutions to challenging group dynamics (always recorded and archived)
- Continuing education hours for some of our most popular features (approved provider, NBCC)
- Resource materials, client handouts and immediately useful tips, techniques and tools for your use with clients, in groups and individual consultations
- PLUS special bonuses and unexpected opportunities!
The current prices will go up to a single membership level of $24/month on July 1, 2016. For the next two weeks, you have the opportunity to lock in a price of only $19/month for the professional level or $14/month for the personal level. (If you are facilitating this work, or hope to some day, you’ll benefit from the professional membership.)
Five Good Reasons to Join Today
1. You’ll save time. You’ve got one-stop access to current, reliable, accessible information, and a giant pool of collective wisdom.
2. It’s budget-friendly. At the Journalverse, you’ve got access to experts and authors in residence, every month, plus the entire community of writers and practitioners, and all the regular features for one affordable rate. If you want to book individual time with coaches-in-residence, or get CE hours, you have the option to do so — at budget-friendly rates.
3. It’s simple. Register once, and your membership is active until you cancel it. You can cancel any time you wish. There’s a support desk if you have tech issues or billing questions. You can participate at your own level, and on your own schedule. All teleconference events are recorded and archived, so you can download and listen at the gym, on a walk, on a lunch hour, or whenever it’s best for you.
4. You can upgrade to special supplemental services. Book a 30-minute consult with Kay Adams or one of the Journalverse’s coaches-in-residence (Mary Reynolds Thompson, Leia Francisco, Kate Thompson, Mary Maynard). Or, at the professional level, you can get continuing education hours! We keep all supplemental services budget-friendly.
5. You’ll love the way you feel. The Journalverse is filled with smart, talented, creative, fun, all-around-awesome people. You’re one of them! Join us. Be part of the circle. Come help write the story!
PLEASE NOTE! At the end of the payment process, there will be a green button marked FINISH. You must complete your registration by clicking on this button. It will take you to the Journalverse registration page, where you will create a user name and password for access to the site. If you do not click the FINISH button, your payment will be processed but your registration will not be complete and you will not be able to access the site.
Professional Start-Up Special! YOUR FIRST MONTH 50% OFF!
Try the Journalverse for a full 30 days at half-price! In the COUPON CODE box, type PROF. Your discount is automatic but code must be entered into coupon box at registration.
YOUR JOURNALVERSE BENEFITS
|LIVE! with Kay|
|Ask the Experts|
|The Prompt Jar|
|Poem of the Month|
|Notes from the Journalverse|
|Practical handouts, infographics, etc.|
|From Kay’s Journal|
|Special bonuses, unexpected surprises!|
|Preferred pricing on all supplemental offers|
|Immediately useful client handouts, writing worksheets, etc.|
|Continuing education hours (NBCC-approved provider)||Separate charge applies|
|30-minute consultation with Kay Adams or coach-in-residence of your choice||Separate charge applies||Separate charge applies|
|Member monthly rate (Locked in for your continual membership)||$14/month||$19/month|
|Save even more! Sign up for 6 months at a time and receive an additional discount||$12.50/month||$17.50/month|